Full Foundation Review

* I have medium skin tone (beige), have hyper pigmentation on my upper lips & chin, small pimples on cheeks and very dry skin. I figured this should help you to see how this foundation has reacted and works on my skin. Enjoy! 


I will be reviewing these six foundation I currently own. 

(A) e.l.f Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Sand $3.00



New Update:  have been using it for couple weeks. I decide do mix this foundation with clinique acne foundation since this is a very dark shade for me. However, in two weeks.. I started noticing ACNE! :( I was really exciting using e.l.f product but after googlin about acne..it does cause. I am glad it only cost 3 dollars! BE CAREFUL! 
I know it's moisturizer but I like to use it as my foundation for work purpose. This is the cheapest foundation I bought which makes me happy. but does it cover good? Let's start. 

Smell: It smells like Aloe vera lotion

Description from their site: This lightweight and hydrating formula is breathable and provides anti-aging sun protection with UVA/UVB SPF 20. Achieve even skin tone and naturally radiant skin with this moisturizing sheer tint of color. The smooth formula enhances your complexion with the nourishing key ingredients Aloe, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E. 

Good/Bad: It's very light coverage which is good for work or daily use. Their color range is little strange, I couldn't really tell if i am beige or sand therefore, I went with darker shade to be on the same side. I use this as foundation and I have read many girls use this as foundation as well

How does it feel on your skin? Smooth, Just like lotion. I have dry skin therefore, I like that it has oily touch to it.  Over time, It doesn't get dry or ashy. It just stays like real moisturizer. 

How much application is needed? This foundation won't cover red spots or pimples or any scar on face. It just something you can use to apply for daily use when you are rush for work. 

Am I happy/sad with it? Happy because of product. Sad because not enough coverage for me even for work and sand is little bit darker for me. However, I tend to finish it. 

Any skin reaction? I have heard rumors about acne however, no problem on my skin. 

Will I purchase it again? Yes, I might but two colors and mix them together but as of now, i will stick with this. 

(B) Rimmel - Match Perfection Foundation - 330 Sand $5.00





New Update: I ended up looking like ghost end of the day. I can feel the foundation on my face which isn't great feeling. Not satisfy with the product. The only thing I am glad about is I only spent $5 on it! 
Smell: I can't really describe how it smells but to me, the smell doesn't bother me. I actually like the smell. 

Description from their site: 
SKIN MATCHING FOUNDATION
Unique innovative formula with Smart-Tone technology to mimic your skin tone and texture.Blue sapphire gives truer, fresher colour for a flawless natural finishSPF 15 sunscreenAvailable in 16 different shades for all skin tones!

Good/Bad: This foundation has 16 shades which is a lot category to chose color from. I am color sand which was just a good guess. It does look little darker on me. however, I don't like to have ghost/ashy face so i don't mind. I have used this once so far so I can't say much about it. I will update as month pass by. However, I used this for work. I wanted full coverage that day therefore, I used a lot of product. It looked great. I like how it covered everything. I was like omg, why didn't I find this before?..great for 5 dollars! but but but, after 8 hours of work, my skin looked really oily..I can feel the foundation sweating. I am not sure If that day, I applied a lot of product. However, I do that with my other foundation and it doesn't sweat out! 

How does it feel on your skin? It feels very smooth. I think it's great for oily skin. It has smooth finish to it meaning not matte finish. 

How much application is needed? It depends on what sort of coverage you want. If you want heavy, you will use a lot of product. If you want moderate coverage, use small amount of foundation.

What does it cover? It covered my hyper pigmentation spots, scars on face and very small pimples. 

Am I happy/sad with it? In the middle as of now since I haven't used it much. I am excited to see if 5 dollar can do magic for my face. 

Will I purchase it again? Not sure as of now. Will update later.

(C) Clinique Acne Solution - Liquid Makeup 05 Fresh Beige - $27.00





Smell: 
It has salicylic acid smell to it since it's for acne treatment. Nothing bad smell at all.

Description from their site: 
Feels so fresh, looks so natural. Non-irritating, oil-free makeup helps blend away blemishes, neutralize redness. Medicated ingredients help treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back. [ YES!! VERY TRUE]

Good/Bad: I bought this foundation as I was facing acne from Bare Minerals. After I used B.E, I stopped using make up for over a year. After one year of terrible acne, this was first foundation I bought. Over time, It did help me with my acne treatment. However, it has very moderate coverage. I believe it's okay for school or work. Night out, I would avoid this foundation

How does it feel on your skin? I wouldn't say it feels smooth. It little bit thick on my skin and It dries very fast because of the acid. Therefore, you can't take your time to apply foundation. You have to be very quick which I don't like. 

How much application is needed? No matter how much you will apply, I think over hours..you will see it still gives you moderate coverage. 

What does it cover? It doesn't cover dark circles of eye and hyper pigmentation because It says on foundation description that it's moderate coverage. 

Am I happy/sad with it? I am happy with it because It did help me with acne treatment while wearing foundation without worrying that I will have more acne. So thanks clinique 5 stars!

(C) MAC Matchmaster Foundation - Shade 4.0



Smell: 
It smells like all chemical mixed together ..lol However, not bad smell. It's basic foundation smell..

Description from their site: 
New Foundation technology using translucent pigments to enable a fully personalized finish influenced by the subtleties of your own skin's undertone. Moisturizing demi-matte finish. Medium buildable coverage. Line-reducing soft-focus powders.

New packaging is being phased in for this product. Your shipped product might look slightly different than the one shown on this site.

Good/Bad: This was my first MAC foundation product. I was really scared to purchase because I have heard from a lot people that MAC makes you look darker than you are. Therefore, I was little scared to spend 32 dollars but I did it after a lot of research. Thankfully, Shade 4.0 matched my skin. I felt like I foundation the perfect foundation for my skin but ..there is always that BUT. It has matte finish which I didn't enjoy and over time it looked very yellow on  my skin. BUT I FOUNDATION SOLUTION- READ (D)


How does it feel on your skin? smooth. spread easily on skin. 

How much application is needed? It's moderate coverage however, you can build your coverage as you needed. Application medium amount is fine..goes long away if you apply correctly. 

What does it cover? It does cover dark circles of eye and hyper pigmentation. 

Am I happy/sad with it? I was happy at first but later, I was not at all. like I said before, it turned into yellow shade later for me..instead of beige.  BUT I FOUNDATION SOLUTION- READ (D)

Will I purchase it again? Yes, read my solution and you'll know why. 


(D) Clinique Super balanced Make up - (Shade:Wheat) $23.00



Mixture of MAC SHADE 4.0 and Clinique WHEAT [Mixture of (c) and (d)]

Mixture of MAC SHADE 4.0 and Clinique WHEAT [Mixture of (c) and (d)]


Smell: No bad smell at all. Can't describe the smell

Description from their site: 
The smart makeup. Liquid foundation with adjustable, oil-free coverage provides moisture and absorbs oil when and where needed. Silky upon application.

Good/Bad: clinique associate gave me the wrong color. I was SUPER upset. I didn't have time to return it because I was in school. Solution to C: I decided to mix MAC Matchmaster Shade 4.0 and Clinique Wheat shade. Therefore...goes the magic!! It turned into beige shade that I really preferred for my face. This made me avoid matte finish from MAC and gave dewy finish as I preferred by mixing both of the foundation. Now, I use this for daily purpose ..going to work or night out. Gives coverage from moderate to full. However not worth 56.00 dollars by combining both foundation


How does it feel on your skin? smooth. spread easily on skin. 

How much application is needed? depends on coverage. If you want moderate coverage, small liquid is needed. If you want full coverage, more liquid is needed. Since I am mixing, I use Clinique wheat shade less because it's darker. therefore, I mix mac shade 4.0 more than wheat shade when mixing two foundation

What does it cover? It does cover dark circles of eye and hyper pigmentation. 

Am I happy/sad with it? I am happy with it because I found solution by mixing (C) and (D).

Will I purchase it again? Yes, read my solution and you'll know why. 

(E) Make Up Forever- #128 HD Foundation



Smell: It smells like any foundation. 


Description from their site: 

What it is:
An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.

What it does:
This foundation creates a soft-focus effect, which is designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It leaves your complexion with such a flawless finish, it can withstand bright or harsh lighting.

What else you need to know:
This Sephora-exclusive foundation comes in 25 shades to suit all skintones. 

Good/Bad: moderate to full coverage. awesome coverage. it covers everything from dark circles, hyper pigmentation and scar on faces. However, the shade 128 is little strange. When I use it for full coverage, i apply a lot product as I need. When I do that, my face turns darker than before. However, I am happy with the foundation since it covers everything. 

How does it feel on your skin? Smooth and easily applied on skin

How much application is needed? If you want moderate coverage, don't use a lot of product. If you want a full coverage, use a lot of product. 

What does it cover? EVERYTHING...hello it's HD foundation

Am I happy/sad with it? very very happy with it. love this product. This is my #1 foundation. I love this foundation a lot and enjoy applying every time. I feel like celebrity when i apply this.

Will I purchase it again? Yes, this is my only foundation that makes my skin look the way I preferred. 

So here is the review for foundations. I rate #6 as e.l.f, #5 rimmel, #4 clinique acne treatment foundation, #3&#2 mixture of clinique super balanced and mac matchmaster foundation and #1 make up forever foundation.

#1 - I use it for night out or wedding events
#2&3 - going out with friends to mall or dinner
#4 - use it when a lot of acne are coming back or work purpose
#5&#6 - daily use for work or going out to friend's house or something.

So, there you have it! I thought I should be able to review this foundation since I have had them for very long time now expect the rimmel foundation (recent purchase). 



If I am make any changes to my foundations, I usually update quickly so, I don't give out wrong information


Good Luck!!!
Email Suggestions/questions/comments:
makemepretty4@gmail.com









Comments